Rehash it all

Monday, February 14, 2011

L-O-V-E

I've been a little (ok, you caught me, a lot) MIA (missing in action) I suppose for a lot of reasons. For one, I'm moving, which takes up a lot more mental space than I care to admit and certainly makes for an easy distraction route when looking to do anything besides homework. Then there's that thing called exercise which is really quite annoying but I have been doing a lot of it lately (something about stress relief) but then I realize that this too takes up a lot of time and I once again get stressed. Then there's that whole thing about secretly being 4 years old and really confused about what I'm doing in life...But today, I felt compelled to write. Wanna know why? Because it's above freezing.

Yep, that's right people. You're reading the text of a new-born woman, one who is no longer pessimistic, angry, frustrated, or blue because Spring, I believe, is on its way. And you know what? Even if it's not, it's going to be above freezing for the next ten, count 'em TEN, days and that for me is the only validation I need to know that yes, life is gonna be ok.

Now that I can legitimately prepare for the other-worldly regeneration that is going to occur in me in approximately 4 to 6 weeks, I can take a moment to spread a little L-O-V-E this Valentine's Day. Woody Allen has a pretty complicated version of Love (see here) but here's what I'd like to say about that....well, I was gonna try to make some statement about why I love life, or this blog, or like myself, but that seems creepy, so instead, I just want to spread a little gratitude and say thanks for reading this blog and supporting everyone who contributes to it. I work hard, I swear.

Ok, and here's something that makes me feel the exact opposite of love, Gwyneth Paltrow, singing a song that I do love:

No comments:

Post a Comment