343 S. Dearborn St. Apt 1601, Chicago, IL 60603 • 515.778.6823 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Conscientious and ambitious emerging professional seeking internal or external communications position with a company or agency committed to sustainable and forward-thinking business practices. (Note: open to independent relocation)
University Of Iowa
Bachelor of Arts degrees in English Post-Colonial Literature and French Civilization and Culture, December 2009
Masters of Science in Communications Studies, expected June 2011
Skills and Interests
Educated in creative non-fiction, journalism, and business writing. Experience in food, travel, style, and culture writing. Interviewing, article production, and revision in print and radio. Maintains personal blog and writes all entries. Enjoys putting pen to paper any time of the day.
Co-host of "The Freshman 15," original contemporary music show on public radio. Skilled as well in programming direction, coordination, and marketing for literary program featured on the station. Also trained in radio production, including copy-writing and voice work for commercial radio.
Hands-on experience in market research including cold-calling: met and exceeded quotas. Comfortable in client/contact relations. Experienced in successful marketing campaigns, including public affairs campaigns, Web 2.0: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Skype, Google Buzz, blogging, etc. Integrated skills also include traditional press-release and copy-writing/editing.
Comfortable and conscientious of working for people with disabilities in a non-profit setting. Organized, punctual, polite, and empathetic. Also, retail and high-end food service.
Native English speaker conversationally fluent in French.
TechnologyPC and Mac literate. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Bullhorn, OpenTable, working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audtion, Acrobat Reader, and Nexgen
The Esquire Staffing Group, Executive Search Firm, Chicago, Illinois
- Chicago's oldest staffing firm, established in 1955, specializing in executive full-time placement and temporary staffing solutions
- Public relations and advertising recruitment for mid- to senior-level positions nationwide including San Francisco, Chicago, and New York markets for public and independent firms including WPP Group, IPG, and others
- Provide full life-cycle recruiting support, including but not limited to, recruitment strategy and consultation, client-candidate liaison, behavioral interviewing, compensation negotiations and equity analysis, and finalizing contracts and offers
- Consistently exceed all hiring goals. Maintain an extremely high close rate on offers to acceptance.
- Extensive contacts in technology, consumer, health/wellness (inc. pharma), corporate practices
- Utilize traditional and non-traditional methods to source active and passive candidates for difficult-to-fill positions to build network of 500+ contacts in 2 months. Comfortable and flexible to enter new market or industry
Janou Pakter, Inc., Creative Recruitment Firm, Paris, France Jan 2010-April 2010
- 25 year old creative search firm based in New York City, with offices in LA, Milan, and Paris
- Answer phone, greet clients and candidates to office, schedule appointments, office management
- Researched, contacted, and created network of new and possible candidates for Pakter, Inc. to approach
- Interacted daily with international (French, American, Italian, etc.) heads of design houses, fashion brands, and technology firms, as well as the candidates they sought
- Daily cold calling, field research, electronic contact methods (email, SKYPE), and presentation of results to Managing Partner (who was direct supervisor) and Business Development head of Pakter's Paris office
- Assisted in training of two new interns
- Educated in French and international business practice and procedure
Aug 2007-Dec 2009
University of Iowa, Center for Students with Disabilities, Iowa City, Iowa
Office Assistant, Accommodations Assistant
- Administrative assistance: welcoming visitors, maintenance of database, scheduling adviser meetings, supervision and upkeep of confidential student file, answering and directing calls, paperwork administration
- Confidential test administration to students
- Point of contact between office staff and counselors and students/faculty using services provided
- Media formatting of materials and tests for students needing accommodations
- Staff support including organizing staff functions to improve communications and morale amongst co-workers
Disc Jockey, Production and Programming, KRUI 89.7, University of Iowa Jan 2008-Dec 2009
Intern, Production and Programming, WMT 600AM, Clear Channel Radio Aug 2009-Dec 2009
Member, Recording Secretary, Alpha Phi Sorority, Delta Epsilon chapter Aug 2007-Dec 2009
Participant, University of Iowa/Universite Catholique de Lyon Exchange Program
Intern, Arts and Culture, The Daily Iowan
Summer, Fall 2008
Participant, University Of Iowa Summer Writing Festival; Writers Gone Public