Rehash it all

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Design Time

AKA I watch too much HGTV. And I'm under the age of...55.

As some of ya'll may know, I'll be moving into a new apartment at the beginning of August. I have absolutely no clue where that apartment will be, what it will look like, or what the view might offer. But, I'm determined to make it a grown-up place where I can set some roots down and decorate accordingly.

I have something modern, vintage, classic, and funky in mind. Of course, the canvas with which I have to work will really shape my work (meaning, the apartment that we're able to snag), but I'm not letting that prevent a little pre-planning. I'm hoping to pull of something mid-century that isn't so cold feeling that I can't even get comfy! I found the two below items on Etsy today which I think will be primary inspiration behind my designing...



These two items are both local! The glasses are $10 from cushionchicago and the couch is $650 from backgarage. I'm loving them so much...of course, I am able to do NOTHING with that couch at the moment, but I love the milk glasses and I think will really help me in terms of geometry, color, and style. I recently wrote the seller because I hope to pick them up in person as opposed to having them shipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment