Rehash it all

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big BIG things are happening over here in Lexi's little corner of the world.

First off, the job the JOB! Working at a major e-commerce company (if you really don't know already, look at my LinkedIn profile). Things are crazy at the office--people coming in an out, a constant flood of tasks to get done, and the constant hum of people, copy machines, and computers. I love the energy; it makes the day fly by.

Two, one of my best friends got engaged, and today she asked me to be in her wedding! I was so honored, and I'm so excited to be part of such a momentous event in someone's life. And this friend of mine is notorious for throwing a mean party, so I know it's going to be a very festive celebration.

And finally, my sister and I enjoyed an amazing weekend together, one of the first where I got to treat and host her. It was wonderful. We didn't do too much in terms of variety. It was mostly just a lot a lot a lot of shopping. We hit up Armitage (couture consignment shops, LUSH, Beneton), Lincoln Park (Sweet Mandy B's), State St. (TJ Maxx, Macy's and Dylan's Candy Bar, and Forever 21). We also went to the top of the Sears (ok Willis) Tower--beautiful views no doubt, but I'm still debating whether or not it was worth the 2 hour wait, even though I had prepurchased our tickets! We also ate tapas at Cafe Iberico, cinnamon rolls at Ann Sather, sandwiches at Michelin-rated Graham Elliott's Grahamwich, and Mexican at Angela's. Food and wallet hangover for sure...



Audrey trying on a weird old lady funeral hat at Akira. 
Inside Grahamwich. Modern, yet shabby-chic.
                               
View from the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower. $15 per person to get to the top. Not sure if the looooong wait was worth it. But definitely glad I can say I seen it.

My pork belly 'wich from Grahamwich. Pricey, but delicious. 
We also order truffle oil popcorn. Heaven.
Cinnamon rolls at Ann Sather on Belmont. Best cream cheese frosting--tangy but not too tangy to be nauseating.

No comments:

Post a Comment