Rehash it all

Monday, August 2, 2010

So Fetch

So you want to know what I think is "Fetch?"...

Alright Google Buzz, it looks like it's just you and me. That's right, I said it, just you and me. Why? Because believe it or not, I deactivated my Facebook account. I'm sick of the social nuance site becoming my main source of social activity. Especially because nothing interesting happens on it. Even when I find out that that one girl from Junior year pre-calc class is pregnant, the THRILL IS GONE.

In related news, I am also trying to stop spending money, particularly on clothes. I have too many of them, and most of the items I currently own I hate anyways. My clothes will never be good enough, cute enough, fit me the right way, or look as polished as the girl sitting next to me. So I've decided to give it up. Stop the charade. And learn to accept my uniform of skinny pants, over-sized tee, and Danskos that I have come to so dearly accumulate.

And in spirit of it all, I am also boycotting Food Network. "Why, Alexis?" you ask. "You love food!" Yes, I guess I do. But I do not love watching whiny jerks who think they're God's gift to the kitchen. And more importantly, Food Network has just become an off-shoot of the reality TV drama infested insanity, which, as far as I'm concerned, is really just a glamorized game show. Competition for an over-sized check and the forced approval from a pretty lady. Pat Sajek please...

It's interesting: the hardest component for me to part with in Facebook was my pictures. But I realize that I have the majority of them printed, and even still, I never look at them. And the pictures I wish I had printed, well that just learns me my lesson that even pictures are fleeting.

And who's excited for the Vogue September style issue?? Over 300 pages of anorexia-ridden consumerism??!?!? MEEEEE!!!!



photo courtesy of jezebel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment