Rehash it all

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Blind Side


I watched The Blind Side finally—blech, I found it to be so paternalistic. If you don’t know what that means, look up Albert Schweitzer, classic case of big powerful “warmhearted” (but actually violent, angry, and condescending) white person “saving” the blacks from their “plight.” I can’t believe Sandra Bullock was nominated for an Oscar.
However, there was one part of the movie I like: the end, only because of this song: Canned Heat’s “Going Up the Country.” Great driving song. But the more I think about it, the song was completely inappropriate and disjointed for the scene.
Yesterday, in the Etienne Marcel area of the 2e arrondisement, I found the most amazing sailor-striped dress, thanks in large part to the help of my cohort who actually found the dress. The store is called Allison and Sasha and it’s on Rue Etienne Marcel. We had also stopped in an amazing new- and vintage-designs concept store called Killawatch. I recommend everyone to stop in and check it out, but it’s a bit over-priced and overwhelming in it’s stylization. It does have boy’s clothing though, which is very difficult to find.
I also made another purchase that is very important to the cause: a raclette a crepe: a fancy word for a wooden tool to help make your crepes thinner. I am not very coordinated with it yet. That’s to come with time.
Below are pics of shredding the dance floor. Note Martin Vogts’ face in the majority of these. Also, note my dress. Also, note the French people.












No comments:

Post a Comment