Rehash it all

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Amendmum

Today I received a call from my dad regarding my latest blog post. My dad hyper-understands my pitfalls (stubbornness, over-sensitivity, judging) and he was concerned that my latest piece highlighted my greatest: not living in the moment. He wanted me to know that I should be proud of who I am, what I've accomplished, and how far I've come.

He also told me: Don't leave before the miracle happens.

What does this mean? Don't check-out (physically, emotionally, mentally) from a moment in time before you learn the lesson, receive the gift, or in any other way continue the life process of growing. Take each moment as a stepping stone. Stand on it fully, jump on it, dance on it before you move on to the next. Because the only sure thing in this world is that once you leave, you won't be able to go back.

And so for anyone else who might be feeling confused about their current situations, make a note to concentrate on that last resolution of mine: disregard these lists. Life is happening exactly the way it's supposed to. Embrace it, cherish it, breathe it in and out and love it for everything it has to give you.

Frustrated by your job? Remind yourself of the alternative (unemployment) and remember why you accepted it. Tired of your city? Go to the neighborhood where you spent your first night out and relive the romance. Freakin' out about bills? Don't: everyone at one point or another has debt. Live within your means and the ledger will balance itself. Money was made to be spent and one day, you'll look back on being a poor student and think fondly...

So ya, I guess I'm done here. I just want anyone and everyone who reads this to know that I too struggle (yes, believe it or not) with something great: not realizing how kick-ass my life is, even when it seems like the crepe is ripping at the seams.

But back to the interesting stuff. Check out this dress today I found at Macy's. On the RACHEL Rachel Roy website, it's listed for $50, and I got it for $22. SCORE!! I think I'll wear it to NYE '10:

No comments:

Post a Comment