Rehash it all

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cali-fun-ia

Yes, I am a (Northern) California native. I was born there. My sister was born there. My mom, my grandma, my great grandmother were born there. Her family was born in the Sierra Nevadas, I've seen the family plot. My grandfather's family came to CA during the Dust Bowl of the 1920s/30s. We have long established roots there. I'm very proud of it. I love the landscape, I love the culture, I love the food :) But I don't always love the people. And I think this pretty much sums up why. Thanks to my newly-made Californian friend Jordan for sending it along. I know that she and her boyfriend have not and WILL NOT turn into annoying center-of-the-universe Californians... but instead stay the progressive San Franciscans with modest Midwestern hearts that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment