Rehash it all

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bck 2 Skewl

The joys and/or doldrums of the First Week of School finally befell on the Northwestern campus last week. And yesterday (Saturday) was my first day of real graduate school. The day began early, with my alarm waking me at 7:15. By 7:53, I was on my way to Evanston via the CTA. I arrived by 9:10, filled my belly with a chive-cream cheese adorned sesame seed bagel and cup of black coffee and headed to our small lecture hall to begin the three hour session of Change Management with Prof Roloff.

The guy is amazing. First of all, he requires no book. But that's a real superficial reason for liking a teacher.   He was captivating to listen to, with a quick and humorous pace. His profile reminded me and the girl sitting next to me of Robin Williams and this seemed to amplify his jokes and their delivery. He gave us a general overview of the course, touching a lot on the aspects of psychology that must be considered when directing a group or large organization towards change. I am really looking forward to this class to better learn how to implement change in the work place successfully.


Today was a good day for me. I woke up at 11:15am after staying up until 1:30am to watch Titanic (such a good movie! Omg, I forgot how good. I cried and cried and. . .). I ate, watched HGTV, dressed, and then I took a looooong walk north on Michigan Ave, my destination being a certain woman's lingerie store because I had a coupon for a free pair of underwear. Along the way, I stopped at various stores and tried on various clothing items, many of which I liked, and all reasonably within budget (particularly at Forever 21). But I didn't buy anything, not even the $5 tunic. Why?. you ask. Simple. Because NEWS FLASH PEOPLE: Buying clothes won't make you happy. So I've decided to hold off on buying clothes that are merely for the purpose of momentary happiness.

And now I am working on becoming Lady MacBeth's agent. IAMS Dog Food is hiring new doggie models so I will be submitting some pictures of her for her audition. Below are the ones that Mark has given me. I also plan on attaching one of the videos of Lady with Mark in the pool. More soon!



1 comment: