Rehash it all

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break was sooo 5 minutes ago.

Well actually, it ended about 48 hours ago. But nonetheless, I can speak for Mark and I both when I say we are begrudgingly happy to be back. The last half of the semester has gotten off to a rather grey start. And, to top it off, I'm reading existential French lit. Not the most uplifting of scenarios, and my spoonfulls of Nutella have done nothing to ease the pain. And so with that, I am uploading my father's meatloaf recipe (an all-time fave comfort food). And because nothing goes better with meatloaf than dancing, next week's show will (tentatively) feature me and Mark E. Mark's fave groovin' tunes.

12 oz ground beef chuck
12 oz ground beef round
(1.5# of hamburger would be ok--or even mix with turkey. Sometimes I do .5/.5/.5 beef, turkey pork sausage)
15. c finely chopped onions
1 c roled oats, or breadcrumbs
2.3 c catsup
2.3 c. finely chopped parsley
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1t ground thyme
1t salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything together. Fill a loaf pan, place pan on sheet. Bake about 1-1.25 hours. Pour off grease. Eat.
let's make a bet at who can get mark to post a post first...tag, you're it.

ketch ya latur.

No comments:

Post a Comment